Monday, July 1, 2013

The L5R group commits seppuku :(


It is with great sadness that I report that I think the local L5R group has officially died!  We had strong attendance with out monthly "L5R nights" at the start, but it seemed each time we had less and less, to the point it was just me looking to play.  That's not to say there were not L5R players present on those nights, they just were not interested in playing.  I won't go too into the excuses I heard, as I'm not 100% sure I completely agree with a lot of them.  But hey, what can you do?

What does this mean for me?  Well, it essentially means I'm forced to be done playing as well.  I'm always conscious of my spending in regards to gaming, and the only time I view spending money on gaming as a "waste of money" is when you're not actually playing with what you bought.  Thus, no one to play against, means no reason to spend more money buying L5R cards.  All that said, I don't consider what I did spend on the game as a total loss, as in truth, I didn't really spend a lot anyway, and I got a lot of use out of the stuff I did buy.  I love, love, love the game, but I'm not much of collector and I can't justify making future purchases just to throw em in a binder, in a box, or just on a shelf.  I'm also not at the level of playing in major tournaments, so I can't look forward to traveling to various kotei tournies as motivation to keep me playing either.

So, that where I currently stand with the game.  As I said, I LOVE L5R, and it'll always hold a special place in my gaming heart.  I carry around a "for fun" deck in my gaming, just incase someone does want to play a quick game when I'm at the shop.  I won't hold my breath though...

No comments:

Post a Comment