Sunday, July 21, 2013

This Geek's Week...




- Finished painting my Retribution light jacks.  With that, my Retribution starter box is now fully painted.

- Painted my latest X-Wing model to match the rest of my Renegade Squadron.  My Slave1 and Falcon arrived, so I'll need to touch them up a bit as well, painting the engine-lighting effects and such.

- Played several games of Hawken after several weeks worth of a break.  Such a fun game!

- Downloaded Spartacus Legends, a free to play game on the PS3.  It's actually a pretty fun little online fighting game, and I've been playing it a ton these last few days while my wife was out of town.

- I did a pretty big (8 games) trade on boardgamegeek.com.  The box i shipped weighed 25 lbs, and if all goes well, I should have a decent sized collection of Roman-themed Board Games.

- Finished reading "Outbound Flight", and it was so good!  Possibly one of the best Star Wars novels I've read.  I've read "Heir", and while good, it didn't turn me into an instant Thrawn fan like it seemed to do for others.  "Outbound Flight", on the other hand, just may have done what "Heir to the Empire" could not!

- Played "Touch of Evil", which was an ok game.  My issue was that we seem to run around in a pointless fashion, gaining items until we finally decided to fight the boss.  The Scarecrow (the boss) also went down in the first round, without killing anyone.  Like I said, the game felt a bit dull overall to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment