Not a whole lot of geek stuff went on this week...
Sunday, September 22, 2013
Tuesday, September 17, 2013
League: MLD (Major League Dreadball)
Corp Sponsor: Cerner Bio-tech Medical
Head Coach: Veter Permes
Notable Players: Zeus, Failheiber, Beastler, Sahd, Jimmy
|New uniforms, fresh off the assembly line!|
Since their recent sponsorship and re-branding, the Techno-Wizards have consistently done well during their regular season play, but typically end up falling short during playoffs. The Techno-Wizards play in one of the finest dreadball stadiums ever built in the MLD, and their fans are known to be some of the most intense and vocal in the entire league, making CBM Park a difficult stadium for the away side to play in. This season, Head Coach Veter Permes, seems to be comfortable enough with the Techno-Wizards' current standings in the eastern division to start experimenting with different lineups, trading away some of the more experienced players, and giving some of the young newcomers their shot on the pitch. Clearly, the opposing teams must have head the Techno-Wizards' veterans thoroughly scouted and picked apart, because the young newcomers have proved to be an "ace in the hole" for Veter Permes, and taken the opposing teams completely by surprise thus far. The question remains however, is this younger looking Techno-Wizards team enough to make a serious grab for the cup, or will the tension of the playoff season get the better of them yet again? With the well known motto of "I Believe..." firmly placed in the fans' minds, everyone remains hopeful that this season will be the one that sees the Techno-Wizards go all the way!
** This Message paid for by Cerner Bio-Tech Medical: "Creating a better YOU."
Sunday, September 15, 2013
- Been playing a bunch of Skyrim. From a story standpoint, the whole reason for my Bosmer being is Skyrim was to get revenge on the Dark Brotherhood for an assassination that took place in Valenwood, and the Bosmer gov dispatched a member of the coveted Valenwood Rangers to do so. He's marked with a green handprint on his face to signify his vow, and to symbolize that the black hand is no match for the green. All that said, the fight itself was very anticlimactic, as my character snuck in and sniped each target, facing little to no resistance. Now that that is finished, I guess I continue to work on trying to complete my dragonscale armor.
- Worked on painting my Dreadball team a bit more. So far, I've got 1/2 the team finished, along with the balls, and the referee. I should have the whole team finished by the end of next week.
- Played 4 games of Netrunner, winning all 4, with my Criminal and NBN decks. I played against Noise/HB, then Noise/Weyland.
- Finally got to play the Pathnfinder card game, and I really enjoyed it! I played the Sorceress, but I ended up dying due to a Goblin that required me to pass a check 8 roll on d6 (i.e. impossible) that caused me to take 8 damage and meant I couldn't use any spells. That was the very definition of SCREWED, but I still really enjoyed the game nonetheless.
- Played 2 games of 7 Wonders. I ended in the "middle ground" as far as placing went for both of those.
- Played 2 more games of Netrunner with my NBN/Criminal vs Noise/HB, winning both by a pretty big margin.
- Ordered the Pathfinder Adventure game and character add-on, along with the krosmaster: Arena base game...
Sunday, September 8, 2013
Monday, September 2, 2013
- Went back and added a few extra details to my Retribution warjacks.
- Repainted/tweaked my A-Wings to fit in with my Renegade Squadron.
- Taught Netrunner to a new player at the LGS.
- My Dreadball stuff arrived, so I've begun to work on the figures. I've got one test model for the corp team done so far.
- Finished reading "Darth Plagueis". It was alright. Started off slow, and I had a bit of a hard time keeping "into it". Started reading "Roma" by Steven Saylor. I've read a few of his books before, and I must say, it may be my obsession with all things related to ancient Rome, but I'm definitely becoming a big fan of his...
- Reworked my darkside decks for the Star wars LCG for the 100th time. This time, I'm testing out a new trooper deck idea using the Vader's Fist objective set. I also built a different Imperial Navy deck to try, one revolving mostly around walkers.