Sunday, September 29, 2013

This Geek's Week...




Not a whole lot of geek stuff went on this week...




- Finished Steven Saylor's "Roma".  Breezed through the "Book of Sith" in a day.  Started reading Saylor's "Empire".  If you are a fan of Rome and/or Historical Fiction, I highly suggest Saylor's books!

- Played through the rest of the "Burnt Offerings" adventure.  Several of the games were extremely close, coming down to one or two cards left in the blessing deck, and almost every game saw me getting down to 6 cards in my deck.  In fact, if it wasn't for Sajan's ability to recharge blessing, I probably wouldn't have made it through all of them.  I went into the final scenario fully expecting to not make it back out, given that the difficulty of each test would be raised by 2 for each blessing played.  Well, I lucked out!  I got down to the last card of the blessing deck/timer, after taking a point of damage, I used a blessing on the first test, and rolled really well, I used another blessing for the second test, and rolled really good yet again!  Talk about coming down to wire!  I'm definitely looking forward to the next adventure deck, but in the meantime, I may start up another character and have another go at the whole thing...

No comments:

Post a Comment