Thursday, November 27, 2014
Tuesday, November 25, 2014
Up first, are the Dark Angels for my Red Corsairs...
- Worked a bit more on my Dark Angels traitor CSM squad. I'm liking how they are coming along, hope I don't screw em up!
- I bought my 4th, and probably final, DBZ booster box. I've got a pretty collection
now, and the only thing I'm missing from my collection are 3 URs and some starter cards.
- My nephew is getting into the Pokemon tcg, so for Christmas we got him a starter deck. I also bought the 2 player trainer kit so that My daughter and I could learn to play the game, in order to play with him when we visit. Played a few 1/2 games and a full one with my daughter.
- Played 3 games of the DBZ card game. Did a trade with my friend, so it's time to build some new decks...
- Did you know that you can play the Pokemon TCG online for free? Me either! I got it set up so my daughter could try, and I ended up playing it more than her!
Tuesday, November 18, 2014
Another light week...
- Worked a bit on the Tactical/CSM squad for my Red Corsairs. I also worked a little bit on my Spiritseer as well.
- I've been playing a TON of GW2 again lately. I've had a lot of fun, large, epic battles and realm boss fights. I'm still mainly playing my Engineer, and although I've played other builds, I always end up back at my turret build. There is just something cool about dropping a bunch of turrets and wrecking whole areas of mobs, and/or bosses.
- Bought another box of Dragonball Z cards. No UR this time...
Monday, November 17, 2014
Tuesday, November 11, 2014
|One GIANT unit!|
|All the "big names" are represented...|
|The unit leader and his fancy coat!|
- One step closer to finishing my Red Corsairs...
Monday, November 10, 2014
This Geek's Week...
- Finished up the final 8 cultists, so now the whole unit of 35 is completed. I've started on the Dark Angels tactical squad.
- Worked a bit on my Arena Rex gladiators.
- Dismantled and rebuilt 3 decks for the DBZ TCG. I'm still running a Nemekian Piccolo deck, I'm also running a Red Vegeta, and a Black Goku. They are all still far from optimized due to my limited collection...
- Played a bit of Guild Wars 2, finishing up the level 40-ish Vigil quests on my Engineer.
*** Also, don't forget to vote on my poll off to the side about what Historical game I should start up next. Honestly, I expected to have my 40k stuff finished by the end of the year, but I don't think I'm going hit that goal. I'm a bit bored with Sci-Fi and seriously considering starting up a new game system sooner than I expected! ***
Monday, November 3, 2014
|More DBZ action...|
- Finished 9 more cultists for 40k, I'm down to the final 8...
- Built a couple of Dragonball Z decks. I then played a few solo test games.
- Played in a smallish DBZ tourney, 1 win & 3 loss. I'm fine with the results, as I'm still a complete noob, and my deck was really just a non-optimized one filled with just enough cards to make it legal. Still, none of my games were too terrible, and with the exception of the final one, I'd say I was close to winning each one...
- After the tourney I also picked up my 2nd booster box for the DBZ TCG, so I'll have to redo my decks once more. While as you can see from a lot of my "This Geek's Week" posts, my interests are constantly ebbing and flowing, however I think I may make the DBZ TCG my "Go to" game (especially card wise) simply because I can easily, and consistently get games in, unlike my other games. No haggling times online, no hunting down opponents, no begging... just show up Saturdays at 1 pm.
- Played a bit of the Halloween event stuff in GW2. I also played a few rounds of TF2 as well.
- Finally finished "The Gildar Rift". I've started up "Blood Reaver", another book featuring the Red Corsairs by Aaron Dembski-Bowden.