Sunday, July 14, 2013

This Geek's Week...





- Played 3 games of King of Tokyo.  I lost each time, pretty badly.  Funny thing though, one of the new guys managed to win 3 times in a row!  Still a pretty fun game...

- Played 2 games of the Star Wars card game. 1st was the other player's jedi vs my imperial navy trooper deck I posted earlier.  I started off with 2 dark times in play, and Played a Tarkin first round... OUCH!  I ended up winning that one pretty quickly, losing no objectives in the process, while taking 3 of my own.  2nd game was my Jedi deck vs a Sith/BH deck.  Once again, I got a nasty opening hand!  I started out with a Yoda, and committed him to the force.  Next turn I played 2 Guardians of the peace, with another one coming up a turn or two after, followed by the 4th one after that.  I ended up winning that one, but upon looking back, realized (pretty much just now) that I completely botched the game as far as my enhancements went.  So that game's outcome shouldn't count.  Woops, noob mistake!  I probably need to rework that deck anyway, as while it had tons of staying power, I can't reliably kill anything either!

- Also played a 5 player game of the Lord of the Ring deck builder as Frodo.  I didn't do so hot in that one either, ending the game at 20 points, while the leader had 40+ points iirc.  Oh well!

- Did some modding/repainting of my Rebel X-Wings models so they stick out a bit on the field, converting them into the Renegade Squadron as well.

- My Assault on Echo Base force pack arrived today, so I tweaked my Imperial Navy deck to include some of the new cards.  It's now a walker/trooper deck.  Tweaked my jedi deck into more of a control deck, focussing on Jedi Mind Tricks to try and bury pesky enemies like Palpatine, Vader, or Boba Fett.  I also redid my Smuggler & Spies deck, as well as tweaked my Scum & Villainy deck.

- Target had the X-Wing core set on clearance, so I went ahead and picked up another copy simply for the extra ships.  That brings me to 8x TIE Fighters...

- Worked on painting my Retribution light jacks.  I should have them finished in the next day or so...

No comments:

Post a Comment