|Not Geek related, but SKC won the 2013 MLS Cup in a pretty epic fashion!|
Way to go boys! SKCTID!
- Finished up "Anzio" by Lloyd Clark over Thanksgiving break. It was a good book, and gave me plenty of insights into the Allied invasion of Italy, which I'm hoping to use as some background info and inspiration in Flames of War.
- Picked up "Master of Devils" by Dave Gross, the second Pathfinder novel featuring Jeggar and Radovan.
- My Orc Dreadball team is now fully painted! I still have not been able to get in another game after my initial one several months ago, and as such, I don't plan on picking up anything else for dreadball until I manage to get in more games.
- Conducted a BGG trade. I traded my copy of Antike Duellum for a brand new copy of Medwar Sicily. I was never able to get in a game of Antike Duellum, as it is a 2-player game, while Medwar Sicily features some solo play. I shipped my game, so hopefully everything goes smoothly on the other end as well.
- Trying to get a hang of piloting my BF 109's in Historic Battle mode in War Thunder. It's sad to say, but I'm so much better flying US planes. I WANTED to be almost an exclusive all german player, but it's hard when I struggle in my 109's but excel in other nations. That said, tanks are coming to war Thunder pretty soon, and man, do they look SEXY! I can't wait to get in the seat of a Panzer III or IV...
- I've also been playing several games of the Pokemon trading figure game with my 3 year old daughter. We don't have many figures, just enough for a 6v6 game, but she really seems to like it. The game's ok, but it's a start at turning my daughter into my own little future gaming buddy!
- Played a few rounds of World of Tanks. It's funny, because I hop in my Panzer III (tier 3) and get thrown into matches from tier 3-5 and I die usually before firing a shot. BUT, when I hop in my Panzer II (tier 3) I get placed in tier 2-3 match and score 4 kills and top score. It's just a bit odd....
- Worked on some Flames of war stuff. Some panzer III's and IV's, but I also started working on some troop platoons for my Italians.