Saturday, March 23, 2013

This Geek's Week...

Petco: Lies & Fish...



-  Playing MWO as usual.  I had a number of good runs this week.  Several 6-kill games, and top score/damage every game I dropped in my Centurion.  No 8 mans this week, which is a bit frustrating.  I'm starting to question whether the Devil Dogs have the commitment/desire needed for competitive play.  4 mans are not much of a challenge anymore, I'm ready to start doing 8 mans on a regular basis.  That said, it looks like "Community Warfare" may be coming in May, which could change things up in the 4 man vs 8 man debate...

- Played some Skyrim.  I'm kind of stuck at the moment, so I think I need to level up, get some better gear etc.

- Picked up the Battletech book: Strategic Operations.  I guess there is a ruleset in there called "BattleForce" which simplifies, streamlines, and makes for a much faster game.  Seems intriguing, and I think I've got my regular BT opponent interested, so I'll give it a read and give it a try!

- Ordered Superman: Red Son.  It sounded intriguing, as it is basically a "what if Superman's ship had crashed in communist Russia instead of Kansas".

- Locked in/Finalized my pledge for Kingdom Death: Monster.  If I did everything correctly that is...

- I also backed Arena Rex on Kickstarter.  It's funny because until KD:M, I've never really been a fan of using Kickstarter before, yet this is already the second project I've backed this year.   It's basically a Gladiatorial combat skirmish game, and as I've said before, I'm a sucker for anything related to ancient Rome.  The sculpts so far look truly amazing, and the game mechanics sound pretty unique and intriguing.  The KS campaign doesn't end until late April, but afterwards, I'll try and keep stuff updated in regards to the game.  Check em out at Arenarex.com !

No comments:

Post a Comment