Wednesday, July 8, 2015
This Geek's Week...
- Managed to finish up the first 12 of my knights, as well as 8 of the foot warriors for Saga. I've since moved onto working on the other 8 foot warriors and the other 8 knights that I added to the warband...
- Got in my 4th game of Saga, this time Teutonic Knights vs Steppes Tribes. It was another loss, but I still had fun, and am still working out things. Each game I end up coming up with some new strategy to try in the next one, eventually one may work!
- Played a quick game of Wings of Glory with my daughter. She destroyed my engine on her first volley, so it was truly a QUICK game!
- Played a game of Rampage and Boss Monster with my daughter.
- Worked a bit more on my Koffing playmat, adding sections for my deck/discard, stadium, and prize cards. I'm debating on further decorating it, but I also don't want to mess it up or create something that is too busy...
- Bought a booster box of Roaring Skies...
- Did some test games to prep for the upcoming tournament. I was trying to decide if I wanted to bring Night March or my "DarkBats" deck. I made a few changes, did some more tests, followed by more changes.
- Watched a bit of the Pokemon TCG Nationals.
- Played in my 1st Pokemon Tournament. I had fun, but went 1-2. I took my "DarkBats", but in hindsight, I probably would have done a bit better with my Night March deck to be honest. I came in with the only goal of checking out what the competitive scene at the shop looks like and to win a game or two. My 3 games were vs Landbats, VirGen, and a Wurmple/Thunderous deck.
- Played just two Pokemon league games, which was enough for me to get another Gym badge for my bag.
- Still playing Pokemon ORAS a ton. I've got my bred Ralts to a Gardevoir, and now have bred a Koffing and an Absol. (I go by WuhSawBe on there)
- Played a bunch of Pokemon TCGO. (Add me: WuhSawBe). It's funny, I was playing one night and ran into soooo many Wailord decks that people have copied from the Nationals. It was pretty comical, really, but I did find out that it struggles vs Night March, and once you realize you are up against Wailord, the game is a no-brainer! In one game, I had better deck control than the Wailord player did, AND I was hitting for 200 damage each attack... He could only bounce the wailords back so much before i caught up with him.