Sunday, March 9, 2014

This Geek's Week...

My daughter would lose her mind over this pic...



- Worked on my FoW Panzer IV's.  The new Italy Books are supposed to come out Thursday, and I'm pretty excited!  I still have not been able to get in a game though...

- Finished reading the Hobbit.  I was gonna start on the rest of the LotR books, but changed my mind.  For some reason, I have a really hard time reading back-to-back books in a series, though I cannot really explain why.  For some reason, I feel like I even need to switch genres sometimes.  Thus I picked up "In the Name of Rome: The Men Who Won the Roman Empire" by Adrian Goldsworthy.  It's all about Roman warfare, the generals throughout the Roman Empire, and why they did what they did during their respective campaigns.

- Making up for last week, I played a ton of War Thunder.  (one day)  I gave another go at realistic battles because I like the nation vs nation aspect, but I cannot get a handle on the controls with using a mouse as its really more set up for a joystick.  I just feel like I can never bring my weapons to bear in RB.  I WANT to be an RB player, I really do, but I have a hard time with the fact that I suck so badly in RB but can turn around and often top the charts or at least have a good K/DR  in AB. (with my Germans anyway, my US planes are a bit iffy sometimes)  So, after a brief stint in trying RB again, I got frustrated and switched back to AB, with several good games.  I felt almost invincible in my bf-109 in those first games, as everyone I dived upon died instantly.  I had a such a good run for the first several, but in full disclosure, my last game was terrible!  Not sure what happened really, it was a night-fight mission, so maybe that threw my aim off or something, but long story short I lost all 5 of slotted planes.  Oh well, can't win em all!

- Started a six-player game of the Game of Thrones board game, but it seemed to take a bit too long and I only got about 1/2 way through.  I'm not sure if I'd constitute that as a "play".  I'm thinking next week I may try a 3 player game and see how that one goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment