Sunday, March 2, 2014

This Geek's Week...

/sigh... another week passes by with next to no gaming.



- Finished up my other sd.kfz 231 8-rad for my FoW army.  Starting to work on my remaining Panzer IV's.

- Played a bit of the Elder Scrolls Online beta.  (Yay, I can finally talk about it!)  In the past I have played a Nightblade Archer, Templar, and a Dragonknight.  This time around I'm giving the mage a bit of try along with revisiting the Nightblade.  Here's the thing about ESO in my humble opinion, (don't shoot me, please!) yes, I think it could have been done a bit better.  I would have loved if they just took a mix of oblivion/skyrim, and just threw us all in together.  The current version doesn't push the envelope enough in my opinion, the way the weapons and abilities level is interesting, but it doesn't feel different enough.  It doesn't feel truly Elder Scrolls inspired in regards to the abilities/classes.  Of course, what I just mentioned is not what sways me away from the game, I'm just merely stating I think it fell short of what I was hoping ESO would be.  It's not bad by any means, just it could have been better.  It still has the Elder Scrolls aesthetic, races, and lore, which is enough to make me want to play.  So what is my hang up?  Time, and the lack there of.  The $15 a month, doesn't bother me, I understand the need for it and its uses, but why pay for something I wouldn't have the time to play when I have plenty of free to play games that I love, but also have little time to play.  (Looking at you War Thunder)  So, needless to say, I enjoy the game, I WANT to play, I just do not have the time to devote to an MMO at the moment... any MMO.  Maybe (hopefully) that will change in the future...

Where do you guys stand on ESO?

1 comment:

  1. I did not get in on the Beta so I don't really know about the game itself. That said like you I am at the point where I don't have enough time to put into one game to make it worth spending $15 a month on it. Honestly if I did have the time I am not sure if I would spend it on a game like ESO or if I would go back to EVE.

    ReplyDelete