Saturday, June 22, 2013

This Geek's Week...




- Been playing a bit of WoW lately.  Did a punch of pvp on my druid, at first I was balance, but I wasn't doing a ton of damage, and dying in 2 shots from twinks.  I found myself healing more than dpsing, so I bit the bullet and specced resto.  From there, my damage still sucked, but I was doing great healing in pvp, often being top heals for my side.  I was hoping to be able to pvp in the starting bracket for longer, get some heirloom gear, as I saw lvl 20's running around in there, but I guess it did move me to the lvl 20-29 bracket, and I just can't compete at that level yet.  Thus, I rolled a Worgen Hunter, with which I plan to start pvping much earlier...

- Designed a couple of WoW tcg decks for raiding using tcgbrowser.com.  I haven't bought the actual cards for them yet though.

- Played 2 games of Netrunner using my new decks, and won both.  1st was NBN vs Noise. The NBN worked well, I scored 3 breaking news agendas one after another from the start.  I never managed to get out a sans, so I had to take a risk to score the 3/2 agenda that comes with a free advance token.  I later used that free advance token to 1 turn score a Project Beale for the the win.  Noise got unlucky, and never pulled a single agenda.  Next game was my newly redesigned criminal deck vs Jinteki, and it worked alright, better than it has in the past.  He set up his defenses pretty well, I had some money, but it never felt like truly enough.  I hit his hand a few times, never able to pull anything, and ended up going after R&D pretty often.  Eventually I was able to pull enough agendas for the win, while the Jinteki player was never in a position to safely score any.

- Ordered the "Gloria Mundi" board game off of Amazon for $10.  The first of many future board game purchases based on an Ancient Rome/Italy theme...

2 comments:

  1. So double XP weekend on Hawken and you are playing WoW. Man I don't think I can go back to WoW I spent so long playing it and I have never had the urge to go back after I quit. I listened to a review on D-Day Dice and watched a couple videos of it and decided to add it to my boardgame wish list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bah, you are right, I missed double XP weekend! I've only been playing the F2P side of it, so just up to lvl 20, just to pass the time while I wait for ESO...

    ReplyDelete