Sunday, June 16, 2013

Finished Manticore Warjack model...


I recently finished up (minus the grass on the base) the first of the jacks from my Retribution starter box.  I initially started out with just the plain, clean, basic white for his main color... but man, it was boring!  Thus, I "dirtied" it up a bit to give it a little something extra.  I also has to find a way to place a little bit of blue onto it, to tie it in with the rest the army.  Initially, I tried painting a section of the forearm blue, but I didn't care for it.  I ended up painting the little ball/jewel in the center blue, and while it's not a lot of color, I think it will be enough to tie the model tot eh rest of the army.  Finally, I wanted to add a little something extra, so I modeled him holding the severed head of cryx jack.  He's grasping onto a few wires, and i have several more wires hanging down from the back of the head.  don't get me wrong, I have nothing against Cryx, in fact, I had a rather large Cryx in the past, which is why I had a spare cryx warjack head laying around.  Overall, I'm happy with the how he turned out...

No comments:

Post a Comment