Monday, January 26, 2015

This Geek's Week...

Shot from my painting desk...

Hobby/Modeling/Miniatures:
- Worked a bit on my Arena Rex gladiators.

- I felt bad for "shelving" my 40k stuff, so I got them down, worked on them a wee bit, then thought: "nah" and shelved em again!

- I wanted something historical to work on, so I got out my Sherman's from the open fire box set for FoW and worked on them.  I plan to have them with my Mid War Rangers...


Card/Board games:
- Played the usual daily games of Pokemon TCG with my daughter.

- Picked up the SAO and Persona4 trial decks for Weiss Schwarz.  Looks like I'm starting a new TCG, as they hold tournies on my one semi-consistent night off.  A few days later, I picked up an SAO playmat, deck box, and my first SAO booster box...

- I HAD planned on attending this Saturday's DBZ tourney, but got stuck painting the Tae Kwon Do school that afternoon instead.  It sounds like I lucked out, lots of Ginyu decks everywhere, and some added drama over "cheating" and such.  What a silly hobby when people stop being civil and resort to petty stuff like cheating over a few alt art promos and a playmat... You know, that $12 thing I mentioned above that I bought just a second ago.  Yeah, people get salty over that!  Sheesh!  I'm seriously rethinking how much I wanna play this game... Silly behavior + lack of diversity + schedule, tends to put an overall damper on things...

- Sold a DBZ UR for $45 and a couple boardgames I never played for another $50...


Video Games:
- Played several rounds of world of tanks: blitz, them rage-quit/deleted

- Played a bit of GW2.  Went back to trying another human Mesmer...

- Played several rounds of DBZ: Battle of Z, then I got stuck fighting against Super Saiyan Goku...

Play it COOL.  Enjoy the GAME.
- WuhSawBe -

No comments:

Post a Comment