Sunday, November 17, 2013

This Geek's Week...




- Finished up my first "test tank" for my FoW HG Panzer Division.  I'm sure I'll never be able to get game in, but at least I'm finally getting the stuff painted after they have been sitting on my shelf for over a year or two.  I've also finished up the first tank from my command section.

- Worked on my Orc dreadball team some more.  I have 7/10 done thus far.  I've also come up with the name for my Orc team, they are the.... wait for it... The GIRAFFES!  GIRAFFES!  GIRAFFES!  

- Played some more War Thunder.  I've started getting a little bit frustrated with the Germans in Arcade Battles due to the severe lack of physics, "furballs" of fighters, abundance of "Vultures" on my team, and the overall advantages to turn fighters in that mode, I really think I need to start moving towards playing Historic Battles more with my Germans.  That said, I recently had some good AB results with my 4/5 Americans, going 7-1 with top score in one game.

- Finished reading the Pathfinder novel: "Prince of Wolves".  Started reading a non-fiction book, "Anzio: Italy and the battle for Rome - 1944" by Lloyd Clark.

- Played a few rounds of Hearthstone.  I still stand by my thought that I cannot see myself really spending any money on it.  I also found myself growing a bit frustrated with it as well.  I'm winning a game, the opponent has no chance, and yet he won't just concede.  On the flipside, I do tend to concede early.  I see my opponent has the advantage, I know what's in my deck, I know he's got the game, so I concede.  Why waste another 10+ minutes on what I know to be a lost cause?

No comments:

Post a Comment