|Bit of a "Star Wars gaming week" this time around...|
- For the Star Wars LCG, I dismantled my Scum & Villainy deck and built a Sith deck instead. I also rebuilt my Smugglers & Spies. I was going to try a Han+Chewie+Falcon+Lando deck, but decided I'd stick with my Renegade Squadron, and add in the Sleuth and Blockade Runner.
- Picked up the Spartacus board game.
- Played 4 games (2 full matches) of the Star Wars LCG. First was Renegade Sleuths vs a Scum & Villainy. 2nd was my new Sith vs a Rebel Hoth Speeder deck. 3rd was my Jedi vs Navy Capital Ships. 4th was my Navy Trooper/Walker deck vs Rebel Hoth Speeders again. IIRC, I lost the first match due to 1-1 scoring, I solidly won the 2nd match set, winning both of those rounds. I've come to the conclusion that I need to focus down, and create 2 strong decks, backed by 2 fun ones, instead of having 4 decks that may fall in the suboptimal category. I've got work to do...
- Also played a 100 pt game of X-wing. I used my 181st consisting of Turr, Fel, both with a little gear, a Saber pilot, and an Alpha. I fought a geared Wedge, geared Biggs, a rookie x-wing, and an A-Wing. Seeing as I didn't do Interceptor spam, I was a bit outclassed. Biggs shot forward, but wedge got stuck in a little traffic jam in the center of the board, which allowed Fel and Turr to tag-team Wedge, which blew up in a single round of fire to the 2 pilots due to botched defense rolls. At that point, I was pretty happy, I claimed the life of one of the Rebel's best pilots, this was a win for the Empire in my book, regardless of the actual outcome! Rebels followed by eating one of my lowbie pilots due to a hit and a crit, which resulted in a total of 3 damage. Turr and my other lowbie started to take a beating, while I was forced to start spreading damage on the rebel ships. I had yet to cause another casualty before it came down to just an untouched Fel, but he literally only lasted another round before dying himself...
- Dismantled and reworked ALL of my Star wars decks. For the lightside, I built a Jedi/Smuggler deck running Luke+Han+Chewie+Falcon and a Rebel vehicle deck running sleuths along with Renegade Squadron elements. On the Darkside, I built a Sith deck that is also running some scum elements. I may just end up dropping it all together in favor of running another Navy deck. I also reworked my trooper deck, removing the walker elements, adding back in the Vader set. Honestly, I think a trooper deck is my favorite deck theme, which is why I'm constantly going back to it despite it not being a "top tier deck", maybe one day troopers will be strong!
- Ordered the Dreadball base game, as well the Enforcer MVP.... Now, I'll finally have some miniatures to paint!