Saturday, August 24, 2013

This Geek's Week...

Bit of a "Star Wars gaming week" this time around...



-  For the Star Wars LCG, I dismantled my Scum & Villainy deck and built a Sith deck instead.  I also rebuilt my Smugglers & Spies.  I was going to try a Han+Chewie+Falcon+Lando deck, but decided I'd stick with my Renegade Squadron, and add in the Sleuth and Blockade Runner.

- Picked up the Spartacus board game.

- Played 4 games (2 full matches) of the Star Wars LCG.  First was Renegade Sleuths vs a Scum & Villainy.  2nd was my new Sith vs a Rebel Hoth Speeder deck.  3rd was my Jedi vs Navy Capital Ships. 4th was my Navy Trooper/Walker deck vs Rebel Hoth Speeders again.  IIRC, I lost the first match due to 1-1 scoring, I solidly won the 2nd match set, winning both of those rounds.  I've come to the conclusion that I need to focus down, and create 2 strong decks, backed by 2 fun ones, instead of having 4 decks that may fall in the suboptimal category.  I've got work to do...

- Also played a 100 pt game of X-wing.  I used my 181st consisting of Turr, Fel, both with a little gear, a Saber pilot, and an Alpha.  I fought a geared Wedge, geared Biggs, a rookie x-wing, and an A-Wing.  Seeing as I didn't do Interceptor spam, I was a bit outclassed.  Biggs shot forward, but wedge got stuck in a little traffic jam in the center of the board, which allowed Fel and Turr to tag-team Wedge, which blew up in a single round of fire to the 2 pilots due to botched defense rolls.  At that point, I was pretty happy,  I claimed the life of one of the Rebel's best pilots, this was a win for the Empire in my book, regardless of the actual outcome!  Rebels followed by eating one of my lowbie pilots due to a hit and a crit, which resulted in a total of 3 damage.  Turr and my other lowbie started to take a beating, while I was forced to start spreading damage on the rebel ships.  I had yet to cause another casualty before it came down to just an untouched Fel, but he literally only lasted another round before dying himself...

- Dismantled and reworked ALL of my Star wars decks.  For the lightside, I built a Jedi/Smuggler deck running Luke+Han+Chewie+Falcon and a Rebel vehicle deck running sleuths along with Renegade Squadron elements.  On the Darkside, I built a Sith deck that is also running some scum elements.  I may just end up dropping it all together in favor of running another Navy deck.  I also reworked my trooper deck, removing the walker elements, adding back in the Vader set.  Honestly, I think a trooper deck is my favorite deck theme, which is why I'm constantly going back to it despite it not being a "top tier deck", maybe one day troopers will be strong!

- Ordered the Dreadball base game, as well the Enforcer MVP.... Now, I'll finally have some miniatures to paint!

No comments:

Post a Comment