Saturday, May 4, 2013

This Geek's Week...

Free Comic Book Day at Elite Comics in Overland Park, KS!



- Built a Criminal Deck for Netrunner.

- Played some Injustice on the PS3... Man, some of those S.T.A.R. Labs mission are tough!

- Made it up to the shop this Wednesday.  Played 2 games of the Lord of the Rings Deck Builder.  Once normal, and once are the hard mode.  The funny thing was that Lurtz on hard mode killed all but myself and 1 other player.  I thought I had that game, but still ended up losing.  We also played an ultra-quick game of the DC deck builder, from start to finish in about 20 minutes, just managed to squeeze a full game in before they booted us out of the shop!  Both LotR and DC deck builders are on my "to buy" list for sure!

- My Star Wars LCG stuff arrived.  I built an Imperial Navy deck for the Darkside, and a Jedi deck for the Lightside.  Not real clue what I was doing, I just knew I wanted my Navy deck to be built around TIEs, trying to get them shielded, and to start some bombing runs! 

- After reinstalling MWO, I noticed they messed up the user.cfg file.  That meant MWO reverted to smashing my face up against the windshield as my old field of view tweak was gone, and without any way to adjust the mouse sensitivity, my aiming went into the toilet!  Good news, I managed to set up my mouse for on-the-fly sensitivity adjusting, but there's nothing i can do about the FoV.

- While nerd-raging about MWO, I downloaded Hawken.  It's actually pretty fun, and radically different from MWO.  It is a total tweakfest, totally Call of Duty with Mechs, but fun to play solo!

- Went to the local comic book shop for "Free Comic Book Day" with the family.  My daughter dressed up as Buzz Lightyear, and she got to meet several other dressed up heroes/villains including: Iron Man, Warmachine, Doctor Doom, and Supergirl.  I picked up "Crimson Empire" in honor of the unofficial Star Wars "May the 4th be with you" day.

No comments:

Post a Comment