Wednesday, December 13, 2017

Finished Yme-Loc Farseer & Windriders...




Recently I finished up the Farseer & Windriders from my Start Collecting box, and despite a couple of struggles, I overall pretty pleased with them!


EDIT: I went back and worked another 2.5 hours further on them, with more glazing on the grey color. I counted 6 tones within the grey, and 5 on the orange.  A lot of what may seem like refractions from light is actually just how I paint my highlights.  I still lack the brush control for freehand work though....


The portion I really struggled with was in the stripes and the runes on the Farseer Skrunner.  I initially used painter's tape on the stripe, and attempted to do some freehand runes.... and oh, how I really dislike freehanding stuff!  After snapping some pics, people started to suggest some fixes, so I decided to go back over the stripe and the runes one more time.  I think it's better.  Maybe not perfect, but better than it was before!  If after a bit of time, if it still continues to bug me, I can always re-tape the line, and paint over the runes completely, basically, just thickening up the stripes.  But, I'll leave it for now...



The Stripes on the Windrunners turned out better at least!  For these guys, I decided to denote their unit number by the single orange square on the fins, and by the single orange stripe.  My 2nd squad will have 2 sqaures/stripes, and unit 3 of course, will have 3.  Definitely pleased with how these guys turned out!


So, with that completed, and being out of miniatures, I made a run to the LGS and picked up 2 more units of Windriders!  This gives me 3 squads, which is enough bikes to run an Outrider detachment, and thus, actually potentially play!  Ive got enough old, leftover Eldar stuff to give me 1,000 pts... barring any points changes from Chapter Approved 2017, mind you.

Until next time,
-WuhSawBe-

2 comments:

  1. Think you're being too hard on yerself regarding the freehand mate, I think it all looks great. The limited orange really pops against those largely grey/black bikes.

    ReplyDelete