Wednesday, February 8, 2017

What's New With WuhSawBe?


** Blogger is doing something weird with the background and text.  Sorry



One of my latest SW figures...

A lot has been going on these last few weeks, so I'll try and make this a quick as I can...

I've been painting up a storm of Star Wars Imperial Assault stuff as of late, finishing up the main core box of miniatures, AND all the expansion stuff as well.  Out of miniatures to paint... again, so it looks like a trip to the game store may be in order!
At least the board looked cool...


I've been playing a bunch of games, all at home, against my daughter.  I'll go more into detail on that later in a separate post, but suffice to say I think I've given up trying to find games outside my home.  (I.e. Only playing vs my daughter, or solo). We've played Imperial Assault, Tanks, and I even tried Frostgrave!  Funny thing is, after all this time of having Frostgrave, we didn't even make through a full round before her and I both were like "yeah, this isn't doing it for me..." and packed it all back up.  She helped me make a little mat/board for it, which turned out pretty good though.  We later added to it, making it a full 4x4 board.  (I'm sure we'll find a use for it somewhere)

Rougarou > shotgun.  5 damage in a single shot!
On the card game front, I don't think I'm going to be sticking to playing Star Wars Destiny, as not only is finding product extremely difficult, but I don't think I can justify spending $300 or so per set just to get a decent collection of cards to play with when I'm only getting to play one night per week.  So, I turned my attention to the Arkham Horror LCG, as you can play it solo, but even it has production troubles!  I did however, pick up all the stuff I could my hands on, and have played trough the core campaign and the two standalone scenarios.

Video game wise, I've been playing Batman: Arkham Knight, in the hopes of finishing it before my copy of Halo Wars 2 arrives!

Book wise, I finally finished reading the Catechism, and from there I've recently started reading Star Wars: Aftermath by Chuck Wendig.

My Wife's car...
TV wise, my wife and I have started back up watching our super hero shows like Gotham, Arrow, Flash, and Supergirl... when she's not working on school stuff.  We also watched the latest season of American Horror Story, which was extremely "meh".  I also finally managed to watch from start to finish all of Rebels season 1 and 2, and now I'm really liking it!  (Especially season 2). Can't wait for season 3 to come out on DVD...


Oh, and she also bought a new Rogue One Edition Nissan Rogue, and from a Star Wars Fanboy perspective, it is insanely cool!  (I must admit, I'm a bit jealous)

And there you have it, there has actually been a lot going on in the geek department already this year!

- WuhSawBe -

No comments:

Post a Comment