Wednesday, June 22, 2016

This Geek's Week...



Modeling/Hobby:
- I scrounged up some bits, enough for a Space Marine scout, and decided to experiment painting armor using inks.  I kind of like it, though highlighting is a bit of an issue...


Card/Board Games:
-Assembled the preconstructed decks for ashes, and have been playing solo games to work out the kinks and start figuring out some sense of strategy.  After a few games with each deck, I've started to create my own...

- Hung out with some friends with some friends, and played 3 more games of ASHES, losing all 3!  Still, so much fun!

- Went back to the drawing board, and made 3 new ASHES decks...

- I ordered the 2 ASHES decks I was missing, Brennan & Rin, which are coming from Canada since I could find them nowhere in the US...


Video Games:
- Played some of the Halo Wars 2 beta, and I really enjoyed.  Normally, RTS games are not my thing, but since I like all things Halo, I did enjoy it.  In a way, it feels like a computerized version of a miniatures game... Kind of what I expect Halo: Ground Command to sort of feel like.  I ended up placing Platinum.

- Played some more Hearthstone on my phone... I still shake my head at about 1/2 the cards I see played, and everyday I question why I still play....

- Also on my phone, I've played a bit of MtG Duels and Pokemon Shuffle...

- Played a bit of Heroes of the Storm, just to try something different.  Still not a MOBA kind of guy...

- Played all of 3 games of World of Tanks... That how many games it took for me to remember why I DON'T play World of Tanks!


Books and such:
- Finished "The Templar Conspiracy", and now I'm back in the mood for some Sci-fi!  I picked up a Halo novel, "The Thursday War".
Until Next time,
-WuhSawBe-

No comments:

Post a Comment