Monday, April 20, 2015

This Geek's Week...



Miniatures/Hobby:
I think I need to add some more flock to the ones on the right...
- Finished up my ruin terrain, 7 ruins total, and I'm pretty happy with them.  They look a bit more "painterly" than intended, but I kind of like it.  It basically means the emphasis will still be on the miniatures during a game and in photos, with the terrain being just a part of the background.  I'm also now up to 5 of the rocky hills done as well.  All I need now are some roads and trees!

- Worked a bit on my Shermans.  I'm in the "final stages" where all I have to do is decals and weathering.


Card/Board Games:
- Played a game of Rampage with my daughter...

- Kind of annoyed.  After backing Xenoshyft on Kickstarter, updating addresses, logging into both kickstarter and CMoN's pledge manager multiple times, I finally today realized why I had not received the game and why it hasn't shipped.  Apparently, despite thinking everything was squared up, I guess I owed some $12 for shipping... Now, looks like I'll have to wait for the game.  I had already decided that xenoshyft would be the last game I ever backed on Kickstarter, after all the constant headaches it's causes, and this just confirms it.  Wish they would have done a better job bringing shipping charges to my attention at one of the many address and order confirmations.  Oh well, more waiting...


TV/Movies:
- of course, we've been watching the new Daredevil show.  When I was a kid, I was a big Marvel fan, but as an adult I'm pretty exclusively DC.  Same with movies/TV, outside of the Avengers, I don't really care about Marvel movies. (Guardians?  Never saw it.)  Same with the shows, watched a season or so of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., but now in pretty "meh" on it, and stopped.  On the flip side, Gotham, Arrow, and the Flash, are some of my favorite shows on.  All that said, I think Marvel nailed it with Daredevil.  Maybe Marvel has taken a cue from DC, and realized people want "darker, gritty" superhero stories.  Either way, Daredevil is pretty good.  Not jumping on the Daredevil bandwagon too much, but I'm liking the show.  Maybe there's hope for Marvel's TV future...

No comments:

Post a Comment