Monday, April 13, 2015

This Geek's Week... International Tabletop Day Special Report!



Doing something a little bit differently this time....

Miniatures/Modeling/Hobby:
- I've worked up a handful of ruins, loosely based on ruins seen in old photos of battles in Sicily/Italy.  I'm on the process of working on them, which should hopefully get my close to having a good, filled out WWII table...
Monster Killers.  My daughter painted her own Skeletons...

- Worked a wee bit on my FoW Shermans...

- My daughter wanted to play some 40k, or "KidHammer" as I call it with her.  Basically 40k-lite, with 1 or 2 squads per side.  She really must have liked it, cuz we played it 3 days in a row! We also played a round of FoW using just a platoon of tanks, and made up our own little semi-mordheim based game she calls "Monster Killers".  This week she has been quite the little gamer, gaming almost daily this week!

Video Games:
- Played some War Thunder, unlocking the Tier 4 BF 109 G-10.

- I also rolled up a new Guild Wars 2 character, a Human Necromancer this time around.  Seems pretty fun thus far...


The BIG Day...

International Tabletop Day:
- After work on Saturday, and seeing just how into gaming my daughter had been all this week, I decided to try and do a little something with her on Tabletop Day.  We went to one of THE BEST stores in the area (Tabletop Game & Hobbies), and the place was PACKED!  The crowed was a bit too much for my daughter, so after walking around, saying hi to all the people I knew, we made our way into the shop itself.  From there, I let my daughter pick out a Pathfinder Battles miniature (she likes surprises) to use in out "Monster Killers" game, and I picked up the 2nd Crisis expansion for the DC Deckbuilder since I completely missed out on the 1st one.  I also randomly found a few SAGA players, and if it wasn't for my Wife being with me, and giving me *the look*, I totally would have dove right into SAGA then and there!

- Once home, my daughter and I played a game of "Monster Killers", which I lost.  We then played a game of "Kidhammer", which I also lost.  I probably would have done more for Tabletop Day if it were not for going to a Sporting Kansas City match later that night.  I really wanted to get in some FoW, Pathfinder ACG, maybe some Wings of Glory... maybe next year!

** Note:  I did go back the next day (Sunday) to the LGS and picked up the SAGA: Crescent & Cross book along with some dice! 

I'm now reading through the SAGA: C&C book, so look for some SAGA content coming in the near future...

-WuhSawBe-

No comments:

Post a Comment