Thursday, February 13, 2014

FoW - Stug platoon is finished!



Check another Platoon off my Flames of War "To Do" list, this time it is my three Stug G's.  I'm pretty pleased with how they turned out, although I did have to make a few concessions in the "historically accurate" department.  For starters, I'm running these as part of the 11th Company, and I was a bit unsure how to properly number them, I'm also just running low on number decals in general.  Second, the Hermann G öring dial just wouldn't fit in the proper place and I had to move it up a bit.


From left to right: "Boss", "Ironside", and "Lucky"

One of the of the things I've been trying do with my tanks is give each one a bit of character and a visual back story.  With this one, I came up with "Boss", "Ironside", and "Lucky".  "Boss" is well, he's the boss!  Next is "Ironside", a nickname given due to the additional tracks slapped on, functioning as some extra armor in an attempt to protect the driver.  Finally, there is "Lucky".  His tank has been pretty chewed up, taking several hits on his side plates, including a near fatal shot from an AT round that took a huge bite out of his armor but actually passed over the rest of the tank due to the angle.  He's also had to repair the tracks on a few occasions as well.  Needless to say, he's lucky to be alive!

With this platoon finished, it looks like I have the following left to paint for my LW German Army:
- 2x 8-rad recce vehicles
- 8x Panzer IV's (2 Platoons of 4 each)
My plan is to work on the 8-rads next, which will give me some more time to pick up some additional tank number decals.  Progress towards my first fully painted FoW army is slow going, but still coming along...

Panzer Vor!

No comments:

Post a Comment