Thursday, January 4, 2018

Proud GamerDad moment: My daughter finishes her 1st Space Marine!


Her 1st Space Marine!

If you haven't been following for long, my daughter has been a pretty consistent gaming buddy of mine for quite awhile now.  So, when I recently started painting 40k models, of course she decided he wants to do so as well!  Pouring over a bunch of the fluff, she settled on Black Templars, mostly due to her love of knights, and partially due to me talking into collecting Easy Build Primaris Marines.


Well, she recently finished up her first "test model", and I couldn't be more proud of how it turned out!  100% her too, by the way!  Not too shabby for a 7 year old, and looks way better than my 1st Space Marine, some 20 years ago, back when I was 16.  Man, if she can do this at age 7, imagine what she'll be capable of 20 years from now if she continues in the hobby!

Needless to say, its time to get her some more Black Templars!
-WuhSawBe-

4 comments:

  1. Best kind ;) Always good to see some inter-generational inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully one day the apprentice shall become the master! 😉

      Delete
  2. Bloody heck mate, my first Squats were painted when i was 8 or 9 and they looked rubbish compared to this. Smashing work by yer nurgling!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She’s finished 2 models already in 2018, while I still haven’t finished a single one! She’s definitely showing me up!

      Delete