Wednesday, June 27, 2018

Changes Ahead - Moving, and Moving On.


Incase you can't tell by my lack of posting any kind of content on here, I think I've effectively moved away from the hobby.  I haven't gamed in close 6 months, and haven't purchased anything gaming related since even before then.

Along the way of a bunch of "real life stuff" happening, I realized just how truly, deeply, unhappy I was.  I was using the hobby as an escape from reality, but that reality, ended up up almost making things worse in a way.  I ended up discovering the Minimalist lifestyle, and it made sense to me to see, that I was trying to fill a hole in my heart with "stuff", and in the case, it was gaming.  We've all seen it, the person that keeps buying, buying, buying.... but why?  I realized that I WAS that person.  (Even if I always painted my all my models)  It was compulsive.



Well, all that has changed.  I've literally GIVEN AWAY 90% or more of my gaming stuff, and I feel 100x better.  It has been like a smoker, who finally realizes he has effectively quit smoking and no longer desires it.  (Something else I did some 9 years ago.)  Just a weight, a burden, lifted off my shoulders.  I thought I'd be miserable, as I've been a "gamer" since I was in the 3rd grade, but it's been the opposite.  The only gaming related stuff I have kept are the things that my daughter still enjoys, like the 40k stuff, Blood & Plunder, TANKS, and a bunch of Test of Honor stuff a friend had graciously donated to my daughter.

It didn't stop there though: books, comics, movies, cloths, and a huge collection of Star Wars collectibles all happily given away!  (Go big, or Go home, right?!?)

... and to top it all off, we are now moving to a completely different state.  It's like a complete RESET, and I plan to live as much as a hermit as possible in our brand new house, away from tabletop gaming, friends, family, etc... a complete restart.  Why?  Well, I think that is what will make me the happiest, to be left alone.

So, what does that mean for the blog?  I don't know.  I kept my video game stuff, as I do actively still get enjoyment from playing and competing online, and I do still stream from time to time.  Not to mention, I'm still 100% willing to game with my daughter, but it's on her 100% on terms.  I still have plenty to say about books, comics, anime, and video games, I'm just not sure of which platform to do it on.  (If I even do it all)  So again, what does that mean for this blog?  I don't know, only time will tell...

Thanks to everyone for all the support over the years, We shall see where this path takes us!

-WuhSawBe-

2 comments:

  1. Dunno how I missed this post, but congrats mate, I hope the changes you've made will enrich your life from there on. :)

    ReplyDelete