Sunday, March 15, 2015

This Geek's Week...

Painted FoW Sherman, ready to invade Sicily alongside my Rangers!



It's been awhile since I've posted, and while this feels like a pretty long post, truthfully not a whole lot has been going on...




Miniatures/Modeling/Hobby:
- I've been slowly working on my FoW stuff, finishing up one of the shermans.  I've also worked a bit on my Panzergrenadiers, and 2x Panzer III's along with the other shermans...

- I've been experimenting with terrain.  I've decided instead of trying to build an urban table, I'd start off with something more simplistic with hills, trees, etc.  I've also taken a 2nd look at the two little ruined buildings I made, and I've concluded that I'm not too happy with them.  I'm thinking of getting some MDF buildings at some point, but scale is my concern.  I'd like to only have to invest in urban terrain one time, but still be able to use it in both the 15mm (FoW) and 28mm (Bolt Action) scales.  Thus, I'm hoping that 20mm will fit right between the two, not too large for 15mm, and not too small for 28mm.  Given that these will be viewed from the tabletop, the main thing will be the "immersion", the scale doesn't need to be perfect, so long as it doesn't look so out of place from a few feet up that it ruins the "immersion" of the game.  Back to my point, I've got some hills/rocky outcrops that I've been working on.  Currently that brings the total up to 7, which I call my "seven hills of Rome" since I'll mostly be playing an Italy themed table.

- Picked up the Alpha Strike book for Battletech.  I've been bit by the Battletech big again lately.

- I've sold my Convergence stuff for Warmachine.  I just wasn't feeling em, had no desire to add to the force, so I thought I may as well sell em.  I've also put my Red Corsairs up for sale locally, but this far, no takers.  Debating on keeping them for now, maybe finishing them up one day, but I highly doubt it.  They were cheap, but again, just not feeling them like I thought I would...



Board/Card Games:
- I've sold a handful of my games, including: Battle of Westeros, the Star Wars LCG, and the 40k LCG.  I've got a few more up for sale locally as well.

- I picked up the L5R Siege: Heart of Darkness multiplayer.  Out of the blue, I got bit by the L5R bug, and I'm hoping I can convince some of the former L5R players to play it with me since it comes with decks.  I'm excited, because the Scorpion and the Naga are my two favorite clans/factions.  Card game wise, L5R is my "IT" game, I'd happily play it and nothing else!

- I decided to spend some of the money I received by selling my other games on picking up the Doomtown card game.  Mainly because it follows the LCG format, and had rave reviews.  Back in February, they had a little tourney one Sunday, which is kind of what sold me on the game, as Sundays are my only consistent day off from work.  Not sure how much I'll really get to play it though, as I don't really know anyone immediately local that plays, and I have not heard of another Sunday tourney coming up...

- Played several rounds of Pokemon with my daughter, and a game or two of the Pathfinder ACG.



Video Games:
- I've been playing all my regular video games lately.  My Engineer hit 80 in GW2.  In Hearthstone, I'm absolutely loving playing Murloc decks.  I've also been playing War Thunder and a bit of TF2.

I'm usually not very good, but I do have my moments.  Flying bf 109's in this one...
- Being bitten by the Battletech bug as I mentioned earlier, I got a bit nostalgic for playing Mechwarrior Online again. My only real hold up, is that I use a Mac, and MWO would require me to get bootcamp up and running again, which I did before, but was a bit of a headache.  I'll have to be content with playing Battletech in just the miniature form...


Until next time...
- WuhSawBe -

No comments:

Post a Comment