Tag line

---- Tabletop Miniatures ---- Card Games ---- Board Games ---- Video Games ---- Other Geeky Stuff ----

Monday, March 27, 2017

CONGO Update





As I said earlier, I've recently started up CONGO by Studio Tomahawk, and have a bit of an update on some hobby progress.  After doing a bit of research, I've settled on doing the British South African Company and the Matabele Tribe as my two forces.  I'll start with what I had picked up a week or two ago, which was a blister of Adventurers and Hunters from Northstar.

This pants-less chap is my Column's guide.  Based on reading about him from Northstar's site, he's a hunter who's preferred hunting garb is just a shirt/shoes.  I mean, if you think of tribesmen at the times, running around and hunting without pants isn't *that* strange.  In the game, he's supposed to know the terrain, speak the local language, and be able to set up trade and baggage handlers.  He seems like he'll be a good fit for all that!


What's New With WuhSawBe?


My Roman Warlord ain't to be messed with!

Hobby wise, since finishing up my intial 6 pts of Romans for SAGA, I've dove straight into CONGO.  I started out painting up a Guide and some Adventurers for my Expedition team.  I've settled on doing a British South African Company vs Matabele Tribe theme for my CONGO stuff.  I've been watching stuff online like the Rhodes minis series and the Shangani Patrol movie from the 70's, to get some inspiration.  After busting through my initial 4 models in about a day or so, I went out to the LGS and picked up a handful of BSAC Blister packs from Northstar, and a Zulu box from Warlords.  The nice about it all is that out of the one Zulu box, I managed to come up with a column (i.e. army) just a few points short of a full 100 pt column.  (Just need a blister of 2 more guys)  So yeah, $30 is all it took for me to get an ENTIRE army in CONGO, cant' beat that price!  I've since assembled the force, which took me longer than expected!  Hopefully painting them will go quicker.  I've also started assembling the BSAC as well.  They were more expensive, at about $9 a unit, and so far, I've got a small, 50 pt column for them.  My plan is to focus on the Matabele first, getting a fully painted army onto the table, and then switch over to completing the Brits.

Wednesday, March 22, 2017

6 pts of SAGA Romans are DONE! (For now)



Recently, I finished up 6 pts worth of Late Romans (5th Century) from the SAGA Aetius & Arthur book.  All of which were built from a single box of Gripping Beast Plastic Late Romans and a box of Dark Age Warriors.  (With parts to spare)  I've loosely based them on the 20th Legion in Britain.  Very quickly, I'll go through some of the elements, and share some of my thoughts...

Monday, March 20, 2017

What's New With WuhSawBe?

I'm much too busy....

This last week or so saw my daughter and I playing a bunch of games, in addition to some hobby progress...


CONGO: So it begins...

Wednesday, March 8, 2017

SAGA Late Romans - Painting update




 Recently, I've started up a 5th Century Roman army for SAGA, built out of a box of Gripping Beast Plastics Late Romans and a box of generic Dark Age Warriors for the British auxiliary.  My goal is have a point of models completed each week, which means I should only need 6 weeks in total to have the army tabletop ready!  So far, I'm on schedule!  I've also coe to realize that I do not really enjoy having to paint an entire army at once, simply because it feels like it adds a lot of pressure to speed things along, and I end up rushing a bit.  I've always considered myself more of a gamer, than a painter, I just happen to really HATE playing with (and against to an extent) unpainted stuff, but I'd still rather not rush!  (Like I have been)  Thus far, I've finished up the Warlord, a unit of Bowmen, and a unit of warriors...

What's New With WuhSawBe?


This week's "HOTNESS" for me....

Been a bit busy the last week or so, hobby wise....


NO disintegrations... 
On the modeling front, I picked up Boba Fett and IG-88 for my daughter, and although I asked if she wanted to help me paint them, she decided that I should paint them instead... so I did!  I joked online about how IG-88 was the most difficult model I've ever painted, equally as hard Necrons... in reality, he took me all of 20 minutes at best!  I've also been working rather heavily on my Late Romans for SAGA as well.  My goal is 1 point of troops per week, and so far, I've been hitting that goal!  Thus far, I've finished up the warlord, a unit of bowmen, and a unit of warriors, and I'm currently working on the 2nd unit of bowmen.  I've also come to the conclusion that I really do not like buying an entire army in one swoop, as it really makes me feel like I have to rush the models and get the army completed, as I hate, hate, HATE unpainted models on the tabletop.  I'd rather have a small, painted force, that I slowly add onto, a single unit or two at a time.  Something to keep in mind for next time....