Monday, September 29, 2014
- Worked a bit on my cultists for 40k. Progress has been slower than expected due to work and getting sidetracked with video games.
- On the video game side, I have been playing World of Tanks: Blitz, and Hearthstone. I've also been playing Guild Wars 2, thanks to their free-to-play week. I've tinkered with all the races and played a few levels of several of the classes. Thus far, I like the Charr and the Sylvari races the best. So far, I'm leaning towards a Charr Engineer for a main...
- Played a quick 1v1 game of Battletech with my daughter. She saw my House Steiner painted minis and wanted to try it out. She flubbed 3 to hit rolls in a row, and ended up losing because of that. I'm starting to notice a "terrible roll" trend with her! She must have liked it, because she decided to pick her own mech to paint and pilot, a dragon. (Cuz she said the body looked like an Imperial Star Destroyer)
- Picked up a copy of Wargames Soldiers & Strategy. I also picked up an older copy of Wargames Illustrated to compare the two magazines. I plan to subscribe to the one I like best...
- I also picked up the U.S.S. Voyager for Star Trek Attack wing.
- Played a few family games on our little "family day" we call "Sunday-Funday". Vesper played some GW2. We played a family game of Battletech, Star Wars checkers, and munchkin pathfinder. Vesper liked munchkin, and although my wife had no clue what was going on, she ended up quickly winning in a landslide!
Monday, September 22, 2014
|finally got back to playing a bit of War Thunder|
- Worked a bunch on my cultists for 40k. Thus far, I have 4 of the 35 done. Things are slowly progressing for them, I'm thinking/hoping that I can get several more done by the end of this week...
- Played a few rounds of World of Tanks Blitz on my phone.
- After getting the computer fixed and restored, I was finally able to play a few rounds of Hearthstone. I finally also got to where I can play War Thunder once more, though the FPS is a bit sporadic. For the 1st two days, I was getting 15-20 FPS, but last night I was consistently running around 120 FPS. I'll probably get tinkering with the graphics settings a bit more to find the perfect balance between beauty and FPS...
Monday, September 15, 2014
- Once more I've been playing a ton of Team Fortress 2 and Hearthstone.
- Worked on my Cultists for 40k.
- Played a game of the ALIEN deck builder, and it ended badly! The researcher turned into an alien, and dismantled the Synthetic really quickly.
... And my computer crapped out on me over the weekend while trying to update the OS. Off to get it fixed! (Hopefully I can get this to properly post from my phone)
Friday, September 12, 2014
Recently I managed to finish up the first 3 bikes from the Dark Vengeance box that would make up a 1/3 of my future Khornate Red Corsair Bike Squad. Essentially I used these 3 to form the special weapons section (2x meltas), champion, and icon bearer portion of the squad. All in all, I'm pretty pleased with the outcome.
Thursday, September 11, 2014
Although I expect to be working on 40k for awhile, I'm already already looking towards what my next project will be, and I have decided to ask my viewers (all 3 of you) to help me decide! I've posted a poll up on the right side of the blog with a couple of options, and the astute will notice that after working on a bunch of sci-fi lately, I'm leaning towards something historical!
So, what are your thoughts? Should I go with some 28mm WWII, something Ancient, perhaps some Vikings, maybe I should start up a crusade, or go with some pre-painted naval/arial dogfighting? Or should I finish up another Flames of War army so I can sit alone in my basement replaying the Battle of Cisterna?
You can help make the call...
Monday, September 8, 2014
|Team Fortress 2... lots, and lots of TF2...|
- On the video game side, I've started playing Team Fortress 2. I've also been playing Hearthstone, saving up enough to unlock the military quarter...
- Played a game of the L5R version of love letter with my daughter. We followed that up with a ton of her games like checkers, Hungry Hungry Hippos, Trouble, and Go Fish. Also got in a family game of Rampage.
- Finished up my Red Corsair bikers and worked a bit on my Spititseer for 40k. I've also moved on to working on my cultists, which are going to be done in a mix of old guard regiments. (Tallarn, Mordian, Catachan, Cadians, etc)
- Even though I've not finished the Gildar Rift, I went ahead and got Blood Reaver from the 1/2 Priced Bookstore to continue getting inspiration for my Red Corsairs...
Tuesday, September 2, 2014
|I know him, so his face was altered to protect the innocent...|
Are you sitting on a giant pile of unpainted metal or plastic? Boxes stacked high, dusty and unopened? More unpainted stuff than painted? I'm probably one of the only gamers that I know of who does NOT suffer from this issue, but it wasn't always the case. Here's what I did that helped solve the issue...